Welcome to the Public Entrepreneurship Database
This project has been developed and supported by EPIC Lab. Evidence-based Policy & Innovation Research Lab. This initiative is based in the School of Engineering of Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile. The research lab’s main goal is to identify the cause and effect of entrepreneurship and innovation programs, and generate evidence-based knowledge that helps socio-economic development.
This request form should be completed by those seeking access to the file that provides venture-level information on entrepreneurs who applied to Start-Up Chile, a business accelerator program, between 2010 and 2016. Note that these data are anonymized and are intended for research purposes.
This database was created only for academic purposes and does not substitute any other data that Start-Up Chile, CORFO or any other public source may provide.
Once you sent the required information, you will receive the data file – both in excel and cvs format – at the email address that you provide.
Download the database in 3 simple steps:
Use and Confidentiality Provisions
The confidentiality of information collected from entrepreneurs who applied to Start-Up Chile program between 2010 and 2016 is recognized as essential to the continued success of the program. As such, all fields that might reveal the identity of a specific entrepreneur or venture have been removed from the file that you are applying to receive.
Before accessing these anonymized data, you must agree to the following:
- The data contained in this file comes from entrepreneurs who applied to Start-Up Chile program between 2010 and 2016. Therefore, the data should not be considered representative of all early-stage entrepreneurs or of the business accelerator population as a whole.
- Access to these data will be limited to you and your co-researchers. If others would like to have similar access, they should send us an additional application.
- These data will be used only for academic research or for other research that is not proprietary in nature.
- Individual data points will be considered confidential. Thus, you will do your best to protect the confidentiality of those participating in the surveys and will not attempt to use these data to identify or help “others” identify survey respondents.
- You will do your best to protect and safeguard these data against any unauthorized use, publication or disclosure.
- Any interpretations or conclusions that are drawn from these data are to be attributed entirely and solely to the analysts, and not to the Evidence-based Policy & Innovation Research Lab, Start-Up Chile or CORFO.
- In any published analyses that use these data, you will reference the source of data as “Data provided by the Public Entrepreneurship Database; supported by EPIC Lab”.
If you have any question or concern about this agreement or the database, please contact us at email@example.com.